• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Glass Dome Needed

S

Steve Maddox

I am in need of a small glass dome, which is actually to go on an old watchmaker's staking tool, not a 400 day clock, but I thought that perhaps someone here might have one of these, or be able to tell me where I could find one.

The original dome was made of fairly thick glass, with a glass knob on the top, but I'm not going to be picky. If I can just find a dome that's close to the correct dimensions, I'll be satisfied, and if necessary, I can drill a hole in the top and make a wooden knob to go on it.

The inside diameter needs to be about 3 3/4 inches, and the height needs to be between 4 and 6 inches, not including the knob. A picture of a similar dome can be seen at the following link:
http://members.aol.com/nevarietur/Hall1591.JPG

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated!

------------------
Steve Maddox
VP, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas

S

Steve Maddox

I am in need of a small glass dome, which is actually to go on an old watchmaker's staking tool, not a 400 day clock, but I thought that perhaps someone here might have one of these, or be able to tell me where I could find one.

The original dome was made of fairly thick glass, with a glass knob on the top, but I'm not going to be picky. If I can just find a dome that's close to the correct dimensions, I'll be satisfied, and if necessary, I can drill a hole in the top and make a wooden knob to go on it.

The inside diameter needs to be about 3 3/4 inches, and the height needs to be between 4 and 6 inches, not including the knob. A picture of a similar dome can be seen at the following link:
http://members.aol.com/nevarietur/Hall1591.JPG

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated!

------------------
Steve Maddox
VP, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas

R

Rod

Steve,In the 1999-2001 Keep book of S La Rose
they have a good assortment of display domes that might suit your needs.......

Rod

------------------
NAWCC # 0058915

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tin Medic
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How To Open A Pocket Watch Case by Kent