GIROTOURBILION MADE BY KAROL ROMAN

Discussion in 'Clock Construction' started by janekp, Jan 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. janekp

janekp Registered User

May 21, 2011
    After tasting and constructing my "pseudoAtmosa" (https: //mb.nawcc.org...6/#post-1025196) ( I started the clock with the tourbilion triaxial. I made the model team after some time and even acted. Some of the colleagues could have watched, for example, at last year's meeting in Lodz. Having roughly developed the "heart" of the future clock, I decided to finalize the project and build a working clock using the above. I enriched my intention to add a half-hour whipping mechanism, an indication of the current phases of the moon, the so-called eternal (perpetual kalender) calendar and indication of the power reserve. I have carried out most of the structural studies and I have entered the phase of coating the idea into matter. I shoved most of the works and I hope that at the fifteenth annual meeting of our Club, I will be able to show off the finished object.
    I have a few detentions, for example, I would like collectors on clock gear, it's difficult to find a contractor, Some treatments "burned down" but I found new contacts maybe something will come out. If not, remain involute somewhat humourous in these applications.
    In the next posts I will show the progress of works and discuss some aspects of solutions.
    At the encouragement I will show the approximate shape of the back plate. Greetings!

I will start with the whipping mechanism, which is already fine-tuned in detail and without fooling it works when I set it up well.
    The photos that I will post in this and the next posts, will show the state of the mechanism, not necessarily in the final shape, surface appearance and finish.
    The materials I use are mainly B7, B101 and other bronzes: MO58 and high-nickel so-called "new silver". Steels: silver, species carbon and stainless. A part of gears and pinions is used from mechanisms on the market, and a part made by me.
    The construction itself is a half-hour comb system. However, due to the idea that the girotourbilion mechanism would be maximally exposed, all the remaining mechanisms should be placed below the minute axis. Transport of traffic from the quadrant to the "hourly" cam leads through a changeover wheel, a daily circle whose rotation 1 / day will be used to drive and release the calendar mechanism and to the circle on which the "hourly" cam is embedded. In this system, the hour cam turns to the left, contrary to the usual clocks, the comb selects the value of the hour rising up. That gravity does not help me here, I had to use the right spring which will force this movement. Similarly, the levers: release and coaster have springs forcing their movement "as it should"
    This is a view from the front.
    Beating gear made of drum, springs and some wheels and pinions from the "Metron" clock. I built a three-winged windmill because two .. too fast he was spinning and I did not have to increase the surface
    Gong or bell (as I called it) I rolled the brass MO58 from the preta.
    Comb made of titanium, levers made of tool steel sheet. Tool because I used for this purpose the central part of the handball for metal. It is easy to let go, it works, touches and thermally stains.
    That's probably enough for today. When there are any questions or doubts I will be happy to answer.
    And I will write about the next band when I'm "mature"
    Greetings! KAROL
    A bit more. In the whipping mechanism - at the end of the release lever, working with the cam of the quadrant and at the end of the lever that selects the comb - I placed the movable fingers (with the return spring). They allow, without damaging the system, to move emergency directions backwards.

giro  1.jpg giro 3.jpg giro 4.jpg giro 5.jpg grio 2.jpg detaills  giro.jpg