Girard Perregaux Hallmark question

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by Beetlebug, Feb 27, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Beetlebug

Beetlebug Registered User

Dec 5, 2002
    Howdy.
    I recently bought a Girard-Perregaux automatic (UG Microtor) and have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. This is an ultra-slim model with kind of an integrated bracelet. The case is stainless steel (so marked on the inside back) but the band is a bit weird. It has on the outside a bark like finish. The inside shows the metal cable like construction. The clasp has a hallmark on the back that has an "s" in a triangle with "18k" beneath it. I’ve posted a pic of this. What does this mean? Is it solid gold or gold filled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Overfield
    NAWCC member 158328

2. Beetlebug

Beetlebug Registered User

Dec 5, 2002
    Howdy.
    I recently bought a Girard-Perregaux automatic (UG Microtor) and have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. This is an ultra-slim model with kind of an integrated bracelet. The case is stainless steel (so marked on the inside back) but the band is a bit weird. It has on the outside a bark like finish. The inside shows the metal cable like construction. The clasp has a hallmark on the back that has an "s" in a triangle with "18k" beneath it. I’ve posted a pic of this. What does this mean? Is it solid gold or gold filled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Overfield
    NAWCC member 158328

3. RL

RL Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Country Flag:
    Tom,
    I 'm not sure about the symbol-I would think this has to be gold by the 18 kt. Silver would be listed differently and gold filled would most likely say filled or give a time in years such as 10, 20 or 25 years.

4. Andy Dervan

Andy Dervan Registered User
    Gibbs Literary Award NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Tom,

Is this a wristwatch or pocketwatch? Let me know - would probably obtain more response respective board..

Andy Dervan
    Misc Board Moderator