Gilbert Clock

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Love clocks, Jun 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check it out in the NAWCC Events forum:
    Talk about the upcoming National Meeting
    Preregistration is now closed.
    Visit the site for our New Member Walk In Deal.
  1. Love clocks

Love clocks Registered User

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Whitfield 11.JPG
    Another of my favourites. Not French but American Gilbert. Unfortunately doesn't work so if anyone should have a Gilbert open escapement movement that would fit 3 3/4 hole I'd love to hear from you.

gleber likes this.
  2. gleber

gleber Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Have you looked into repairing the movement?

Tom

3. Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Yes, when the spring let go it evidently did a LOT of damage inside, Cogs chewed, bent and missing. Wasn't even quoted big $$$$ to fix it, they said too much damage. Evidently as it's a triple platform most clock repairers don't like working on them anyway...say they don't have enough hands. Shame, it's a nice movement.

4. gleber

gleber Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ow! Yes, that's too bad.

Tom

5. Love clocks

Jun 10, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Would settle for any working movement that fits into the hole. This particular Gilbert one is evidently hard to come across due to the triple platform, open escapement and size. Bit hard to find one here too in Australia...lot more in the US I would imagine, but then the postage from US to AU is pretty expensive on top of it. Would just be nice to have it working. One day.....