• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Gilbert Clock Pendulum Bob

derwiener

Old Timer
Aug 8, 2009
I have acquired an 8 day Gilbert mantel clock with "26" stamped on the back. I need a pendulum bob and would like to know what weight to order. I have seen 2.6 oz. and 4 oz. bobs advertised, but am not sure which is correct. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
I have acquired an 8 day Gilbert mantel clock with "26" stamped on the back. I need a pendulum bob and would like to know what weight to order. I have seen 2.6 oz. and 4 oz. bobs advertised, but am not sure which is correct. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul
We need more information on the clock. Gilbert made many styles. Please post a photo of the clock including one of the movement.
Will

derwiener

Old Timer
Aug 8, 2009
Unfortunately I have a camera problem to send pictures. However, the clock is Gilbert tambour mantle clock, dual strike. On the back, "26" is impressed; on the front, what looks like a faded "247." Hope this is sufficient.

Thanks!

Paul

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Merrit's P-527K is what they looked like and has about the right weight but is not a great reproduction of the original.

I usually go with the adjustable American style pendulum, as in wow's second photo. However, the P-98A will be to big. I would order the P-98C & D. One of those should be good on your clock.

The clock you have has a rating assembly with a very poor design. The generic American style pendulums will be a big help in rating your clock.

Willie X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jennifer123
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller