• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Gilbert and Sessions Clock Cases

derwiener

Old Timer
Aug 8, 2009
I have working movements for several Gilbert and Sessions clocks. However, none of them have cases. I have looked on e-bay for cases, but those that I have seen are in poor condition. Does anyone know of any sources that I could contact that might have cases - either new or used - for these movements? I've already tried Klockit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul

ChimeTime

May 4, 2021
NE Georgia
Country
Region
I have an unusual long-case wall clock in oak. Octagonal top, 12 inch dial and presently holding a weight-driven regulator movement and pendulum. I do believe the case is either Gilbert or Ingraham. If you want something that big please send me a PM.

Swanicyouth

Nov 10, 2019
Country
Merrits has like a billion of them in various conditions if you ever get a chance to get their in person. None on the website I believe

Reactions: Keith Doster

Gage_robertson_collector

May 4, 2021
West Hartford, Connecticut
Country
Region
I have working movements for several Gilbert and Sessions clocks. However, none of them have cases. I have looked on e-bay for cases, but those that I have seen are in poor condition. Does anyone know of any sources that I could contact that might have cases - either new or used - for these movements? I've already tried Klockit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Paul
Try going on Facebook Marketplace to find listings from estate sales, junk sales, e.t.c. Oftentimes you will find that after a baby-boomer has passed or older generation person, the family will list all of their clocks/tools at once just to get rid of them. Also keep looking on ebay. You may have to wait a bit and re do some searches, but cases will pop up eventully. I have seen several listings that have a case but no movement inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3号缐
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller