GERMAN TRANSLATION..Cuckoo ID

Tim S

NAWCC Member
Oct 28, 2019
Country
I recently picked up an old cuckoo, and can't find any markings on it anywhere. Fortunately, (or maybe not) the back label is almost fully intact, with some crinkling, but, it's all in German. If anyone could translate I'd really appreciate it. Included the pic of the top portion because I've never seen a bird with the grooved head like this one. Also are two small access doors cut into the sides paper2.jpg oldcook1.jpg oldcook3.jpg pldcook2.jpg ( can see one in inside pic. Could not see any markings on works, have removed the bellows which were 4 inches tall.

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
I typed the words in the site "Deepl" and got the following:

"
Instruction manual

for cuckoo clocks

First, carefully pull the paper or clip away from the pipes. Then carefully pull away the wire or string that goes through the bottom of the chains. If the clock does not strike correctly, open the door on the right and press the wire located there. If the clock is slightly crooked, bend the wire to which the pendulum is attached at the bottom of the box to the side towards which the box is crooked at the bottom.

Cuckoo and watch clocks

To strike the quail correctly, open the door on the left side of the box and press on the wire located there. If the clock moves forward, push the pendulum disc downward. If the clock moves backward, push the disc upward."

Sounds close enough...basic things about the clock.

Kurt

Reactions: Tim S

Tim S

NAWCC Member
Oct 28, 2019
Country
I typed the words in the site "Deepl" and got the following:

"
Instruction manual

for cuckoo clocks

First, carefully pull the paper or clip away from the pipes. Then carefully pull away the wire or string that goes through the bottom of the chains. If the clock does not strike correctly, open the door on the right and press the wire located there. If the clock is slightly crooked, bend the wire to which the pendulum is attached at the bottom of the box to the side towards which the box is crooked at the bottom.

Cuckoo and watch clocks

To strike the quail correctly, open the door on the left side of the box and press on the wire located there. If the clock moves forward, push the pendulum disc downward. If the clock moves backward, push the disc upward."

Sounds close enough...basic things about the clock.

Kurt
Kinda figured it was something like that, was hoping maybe for makers name though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike Craft
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre