German Movement?

Omexa

NAWCC Member
Feb 28, 2010
Darwin, Australia
Country
Region
Hi, I would like any information about this movement. It has Gold screw in Ruby Jewels and a "Snap-on double sunk dial"; I am informed by the seller that it has an 18k setting lever and he thinks that the train maybe gold. It was sold by "Cowell & Hubbard of Cleveland", who where a high end Jewelers who in later years were taken over by "Baily Banks and Biddle". It will take some work to get it running but that is part of the enjoyment of collecting Pocket Watches. The case has gone to the scrappers. rpaige@bigpond.net.au

Attachments

Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
Calif. USA
Hi
The balance weights are usually gold but I doubt
much else is.
What happened to it? It looks like it was stored
in muddy water.
Tinker Dwight

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
Looks like the regulator arm is missing as well. Looks to be in really rough shape from the pictures. Unless it cleans up nice, it will cost a pretty penny to get it running correctly. Hopefully the cost was really low.

jfl

NAWCC Member
May 1, 2006
The movement looks similar to Systeme Glashutte watches I have seen in 14K which would make it a swiss movement if I am right. JFL

Omexa

NAWCC Member
Feb 28, 2010
Darwin, Australia
Country
Region
Hi, the movement came from down South in the USA and has probably been in a flood. It will not cost a cent to repair; I do my own repairs and I have a nice Lathe.

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDHusker
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions