Gents pul-syn-etic wiring diagram

BobT

Aug 6, 2008
Hi,
I am looking for a wiring diagram for the above, I have been able to find the 'Installing' manual but this does not have a wiring diagram. It looks like the impulse isn't functioning and I am not sure where to measure the current flow. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
Regards,
Bob.

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
Current flow measurement for the Gent, Gents and Gent's master time transmitters should be in the range of 170 to about 230 milliamperes with the circuit closed.

That's easy to say but without the timepiece to inspect and handle presents some difficulty. There are variables of the internal wiring depending on its intended use, and the electrical power source last used.

The simplest, most uncomplicated Gent or Pulsynetic master clock would have only the energizing electromagnets that release the impulse arm, the electrical contacts that are released and closed by the count wheel, the electromagnets on the back of the pilot dial and the adjustable resistance.
All the above electrical components are series connected. That is each is a "link" in a chain of individual connected electrical components.

Current measurement on the above example would involve only connecting a milliammeter in series with the source direct current and observing the measurement during the brief period when the contacts are closed. For measurement purposes, manually holding the contacts closed with the pendulum held still would provide a more accurate measurement and facilitate adjustment of the variable resistor to provide the nominal current of 220 milliamperes. This regardless of the source voltage whether it be 3, 4.5, 6, 12, 24 or 48 volts DC all commonly used voltages with Gent master clocks depending on how the timepiece was used with 24 volts DC probably being the most common.

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
Below is a simplified point-to-point wiring of a typical Gent master time transmitter. Polarity (positive - negative) is unimportant except for the milliammeter.

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmvalente
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre