Gents C7 Pulsynetic Master Clock Power Supply

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by clive449, May 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. clive449

clive449 New Member

May 12, 2017
    View attachment 343701 View attachment 343702 View attachment 343703

I purchased this stunning Gents master clock from an auction after falling for its industrial good looks. I have no experience of owning clocks or in this case powering them, so was hoping I could get some advice on how to power, set up and run the clock. Serial No: 9232 Date 10-01-1955
    I will only be powering the master clock as have no need for slave clocks around the house. If possible I would like to power the clock direct from the house mains, and do away with batteries and recharging.
    In the back of the cabinet is a sticker from a previous owner stating that the clock can be operated from a 4.5volt battery, so potentially has the clock ben adapted/adjusted?
    I was considering purchasing a multi volt mains adaptor that can supply a range of voltages,
    The following specification is for one off eBay.
    Input: AC 100-240V 0.25A 50/60Hz 12W UK 3 Pin Plug
    Output: DC 3, 4.5, 5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12V
    USB output: 5.0V 2.1A

I am aware that it is the amp rating that is critical so could you advise on the most suitable supply and how and where exactly I would attach the supply to the clock.

How do I start the clock and set the time?

Any help, knowledge or guidance would be much appreciated, and please consider I am a carpenter rather than an electrician, so layman terms if you can.
    Clive

2. Hans Vrolijk

Hans Vrolijk Registered User

Jan 7, 2005
    There should be a terminal on the right upper inner site of the case. You need 220 milli amps so a power supply as mentioned will do_On the back of the frame is a lever: by pulling the rope the contact closes on every swing of the pendulum and the dial slave will advance.

I can send you a Pdf of the manual of this clock. Unfortunately the file is to big to attach to this site. You can mail me at: jjhvrolijk@solcon.nl

3. clive449

clive449 New Member

May 12, 2017
    Hi Hans

Thank you for your reply, could I message you a picture of the terminal location in my clock to confirm I am attaching the positive and negative in the right place. I will order the plug today and message you when ready to fit.

thank you again

Clive