Gents Gents C7 Pulsynetic Master Clock Power Supply

clive449

May 12, 2017
Country
304900.jpg 304901.jpg 304902.jpg

I purchased this stunning Gents master clock from an auction after falling for its industrial good looks. I have no experience of owning clocks or in this case powering them, so was hoping I could get some advice on how to power, set up and run the clock. Serial No: 9232 Date 10-01-1955
I will only be powering the master clock as have no need for slave clocks around the house. If possible I would like to power the clock direct from the house mains, and do away with batteries and recharging.
In the back of the cabinet is a sticker from a previous owner stating that the clock can be operated from a 4.5volt battery, so potentially has the clock ben adapted/adjusted?
I was considering purchasing a multi volt mains adaptor that can supply a range of voltages,
The following specification is for one off eBay.
Input: AC 100-240V 0.25A 50/60Hz 12W UK 3 Pin Plug
Output: DC 3, 4.5, 5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12V
USB output: 5.0V 2.1A

I am aware that it is the amp rating that is critical so could you advise on the most suitable supply and how and where exactly I would attach the supply to the clock.

How do I start the clock and set the time?

Any help, knowledge or guidance would be much appreciated, and please consider I am a carpenter rather than an electrician, so layman terms if you can.
Clive

Hans Vrolijk

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
www.vrolijk-clocks.nl
Country
Region
There should be a terminal on the right upper inner site of the case. You need 220 milli amps so a power supply as mentioned will do_On the back of the frame is a lever: by pulling the rope the contact closes on every swing of the pendulum and the dial slave will advance.

I can send you a Pdf of the manual of this clock. Unfortunately the file is to big to attach to this site. You can mail me at: jjhvrolijk@solcon.nl

clive449

May 12, 2017
Country
Hi Hans

Thank you for your reply, could I message you a picture of the terminal location in my clock to confirm I am attaching the positive and negative in the right place. I will order the plug today and message you when ready to fit.

thank you again

Clive

Lionbait

Jun 15, 2019
Country
View attachment 422694 View attachment 422695 View attachment 422696

I purchased this stunning Gents master clock from an auction after falling for its industrial good looks. I have no experience of owning clocks or in this case powering them, so was hoping I could get some advice on how to power, set up and run the clock. Serial No: 9232 Date 10-01-1955
I will only be powering the master clock as have no need for slave clocks around the house. If possible I would like to power the clock direct from the house mains, and do away with batteries and recharging.
In the back of the cabinet is a sticker from a previous owner stating that the clock can be operated from a 4.5volt battery, so potentially has the clock ben adapted/adjusted?
I was considering purchasing a multi volt mains adaptor that can supply a range of voltages,
The following specification is for one off eBay.
Input: AC 100-240V 0.25A 50/60Hz 12W UK 3 Pin Plug
Output: DC 3, 4.5, 5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12V
USB output: 5.0V 2.1A

I am aware that it is the amp rating that is critical so could you advise on the most suitable supply and how and where exactly I would attach the supply to the clock.

How do I start the clock and set the time?

Any help, knowledge or guidance would be much appreciated, and please consider I am a carpenter rather than an electrician, so layman terms if you can.
Clive

Hi Clive,
I am a complete novice, I purchased a C7 recently and I was informed that it had been plugged into the mains AC outlet. As yet I have not tried using and power source to test it. I don’t have any manuals or diagrams with the clock, what component damage might have occurred due to AC mains being applied.
I would be most grateful for any guidance you can give.

Regards
Adam

gornal

Mar 7, 2020
Country
Clive, I have a master clock of a similar age. What is very interesting is the sticker, on your clock, referring to the Service number: (021) 359 8307 is identical to my sticker. I know the number of a telephone number in Birmingham. I would like to know who the service people were. Also I was told that my clock came from the Bournville Grammar School for Girls, again Birmingham. Do you have any idea about the provenance of your clock? David

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMc
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool