Gebr Kuner Cuckoo clock--need dancer articulation chain

Wimberleytech

NAWCC Member
Jan 27, 2022
Country
I need the chain that goes between the two wheels. No clue how someone could lose this, but they did.

Long story--
We had a fire in a neighboring community and some were evacuating there. Next door where our community lies, some were loading their cars with most cherished belongings in case of evac. This cuckoo clock was among the cherished I guess. Anyway, when they put it back on the wall one of the dancers did not dance. The owner things the dancer is not attached correctly. Well, no, it is not the dancer's fault, it is the missing chain, which I am certain is not a recent loss. I am scratching my head while I look for a replacement.
This picture is one from the interweb, not the clock I have here, to fix.

2022-08-10 09_33_53-th-1107234711 (JPEG Image, 319 × 480 pixels) — Scaled (98%) — Mozilla Fire...png

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
I need the chain that goes between the two wheels. No clue how someone could lose this, but they did.

Long story--
We had a fire in a neighboring community and some were evacuating there. Next door where our community lies, some were loading their cars with most cherished belongings in case of evac. This cuckoo clock was among the cherished I guess. Anyway, when they put it back on the wall one of the dancers did not dance. The owner things the dancer is not attached correctly. Well, no, it is not the dancer's fault, it is the missing chain, which I am certain is not a recent loss. I am scratching my head while I look for a replacement.
This picture is one from the interweb, not the clock I have here, to fix.

View attachment 720631
Please provide a picture of your backplate.

Thanks and regards.

Mike Mall

Oct 27, 2021
Country
The owner things the dancer is not attached correctly. Well, no, it is not the dancer's fault, it is the missing chain, which I am certain is not a recent loss. I am scratching my head while I look for a replacement.
Something I learned long ago is people's awareness of things change, and they don't realize it.
It has to be the clock has changed, since the fire.
That is how you can end up with a "since-ya" after a repair.
"Ever since ya worked on it, this is wrong" - even though it makes no sense.

Wimberleytech

NAWCC Member
Jan 27, 2022
Country
Something I learned long ago is people's awareness of things change, and they don't realize it.
It has to be the clock has changed, since the fire.
That is how you can end up with a "since-ya" after a repair.
"Ever since ya worked on it, this is wrong" - even though it makes no sense.
Yes, precisely!

Wimberleytech

NAWCC Member
Jan 27, 2022
Country
OK, I talked to the owner and asked her to LOOK AROUND.
That did the trick. I now have the chain and it is installed.

But...why did it fall out? Well, the chain is so loose (it has to be in order to install it), that it can just fall off. Poor design.

Right now, I am 3D printing what I hope will solve this problem. It is an insert that mounts in the pendulum slot and will provide support to the chain as a sort of idler mechanism. I will post pictures when I am satisfied that it will work.

Wimberleytech

NAWCC Member
Jan 27, 2022
Country
OK, I talked to the owner and asked her to LOOK AROUND.
That did the trick. I now have the chain and it is installed.

But...why did it fall out? Well, the chain is so loose (it has to be in order to install it), that it can just fall off. Poor design.

Right now, I am 3D printing what I hope will solve this problem. It is an insert that mounts in the pendulum slot and will provide support to the chain as a sort of idler mechanism. I will post pictures when I am satisfied that it will work.
Here is the solution to keep the chain from falling off again.

2022-08-10 16_05_46-20220810_155802.jpg ‎- Photos.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drohlin17
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-