Gebhardt wall clock

Jacki

Jan 5, 2012
Hi,

I picked up a very interesting old wall clock at a garage sale, but I can't find any history on it.

It looks like a large pocket watch and has "Gebhardt Los Angeles" imprinted on a cardboard backing on the back. It is electric and is made of what appears to be brass. It's about 15" long and has a glass dome over the clock face.

Does anyone have any idea of what it might be or where I may find out more about it?

Thanks,
Jacki

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Jacki:

Welcome to the Message Board. May we see a picture of your clock to help us in answering your inquiry? It might, I suppose, have hung in a jeweler's shop as a kind of indicator of watch and clock sales and repair, but that is simply a guess.

Eric31

Jun 28, 2020
Country
Hi, I also have this clock, exactly as described above. It’s been in my family for decades but I only just searched on ‘Gebhardt Los Angeles’ out of curiosity and found this thread, now several years old. The clock belonged to my grandmother. I have no other information on it other than that the date 3/27/68 is written on a piece of wood attached to the battery mechanism, as well as the name Marty Jacobson. I assume he made it on that date. No one in my family knows anything about the clock’s origin either. I just saved a photo of the clock, but I’m not sure if it’s attached to this post.

Eric31

Jun 28, 2020
Country
I’m not sure where it went. I’m new to this site, but the upload process forced me to ‘Save Media’ in a section. I chose ‘Clocks‘ but not sure where that is on the site. It didn’t provide an option to attach it to the post, but happy to do so if I’ve done something wrong.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I’m not sure where it went. I’m new to this site, but the upload process forced me to ‘Save Media’ in a section. I chose ‘Clocks‘ but not sure where that is on the site. It didn’t provide an option to attach it to the post, but happy to do so if I’ve done something wrong.
This one, I presume?

Gebhardtg.jpg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Use the little camera icon in the tool bar to transfer a pic from your computer.

Ah! I see Steven found it while I was typing.
JTD

Eric31

Jun 28, 2020
Country
Yes, that’s the photo! That’s the clock. Thank you. The camera icon isn’t reacting for some reason, but never mind, the clock is in view now on this thread.

Claj007

Jan 24, 2021
Country
Hi,

I picked up a very interesting old wall clock at a garage sale, but I can't find any history on it.

It looks like a large pocket watch and has "Gebhardt Los Angeles" imprinted on a cardboard backing on the back. It is electric and is made of what appears to be brass. It's about 15" long and has a glass dome over the clock face.

Does anyone have any idea of what it might be or where I may find out more about it?

Thanks,
Jacki
82D9C3C3-0D7B-4CA1-8FC1-03795FFC901C.jpeg 2C538DD4-A623-448C-9ECE-DF425D09DC4B.jpeg

Does it look like this one (see photo)? I also posted a information post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark21
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller