GE model 416 missing rotor

lmester

NAWCC Member
Dec 30, 2009
West Virginia
mesterhome.com
Country
Region
This clock came to me as a basket case. The rotor is missing. I'm hoping someome can give me a part number for the rotor. I have an extra wheel with a set-screw. I'm guessing this goes on the rotor output shaft. I do have the stator. The coil measures about 450 ohms. It's probably good.

ohmsohms. clockge.jpg IMG_2735.JPG mvt3.jpg IMG_2735.JPG mvt3.jpg

lmester

NAWCC Member
Dec 30, 2009
West Virginia
mesterhome.com
Country
Region
The rotor is a std. Telechron B-3. You can order one here:

You could also use a B-13 which is a later replacement for the B-3. They cost less but don't run as quiet as B-3's.
Thank you!

Synchronous motor driven electric clocks are not something that I had a big interest in. A co-worker of mine brought this clock to me to see if I could fix it for him. The missing rotor was the big problem. You solved that for me!

After I've studied this clock it's getting more interesting. The movement is in reasonable shape. It needs cleaned and possibly a few bushings. It's surprising how simple the movement is. When you have a rotor that provides power to run the clock and, also provides it's timebase, you can eliminate quite a few parts from the movement. No springs or weights to provide power. No pendulum and escapement to regulate timekeeping. No fly's to regulate chime and strike speed.

If my co-worker decides not to buy the $125 rotor I might make him an offer on the clock and repair it for my own use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clockman1965
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller