GE 7HA162, wood cased table electric: need proper care, operation info. no, "owner's manual," evident.....

DennisT

Apr 27, 2012
That's about it. I have a pair of working GE little 110v electric table clocks, Model 7HA162. Some operations are just common sense, however, I don't understand the little red, "circle," up near the 12-o'clock position. Thought an owner's manual might be around the 'net, but cannot find one. i just don't want to twist all the knobs until I find out how it is supposed to be cared for and handled. Thoughts, tips, documents appreciated. Thank you, Dennis

skruft

Aug 5, 2002
Country
I am not sure there are any manuals, but these clocks are very popular and there are many enthusiasts of these clocks on internet websites . The red circle is an indicator of power loss. Normally you set it to white color by turning the clock upside down or pulling the stem gently while the clock is plugged in. If power fails it will turn red and remain red. A few models use black instead of red. It works by means of magnetism.

DennisT

Apr 27, 2012
Thank you. This helps. I have two of these little wood-cased clocks. Both seem to, 'run,' fine. Now that I understand the little red dot, I've tried them and each works as intended. Still making a study of them, and did notice while the buzz alarm works in one, it does not work in the other. Not sure how the alarm works. Would like to fix that. ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deeqdacad
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff