Gates Mills Street Clock

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by sunrise1drw, Feb 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sunrise1drw

sunrise1drw New Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Country Flag:
    #1 sunrise1drw, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Hello. I was at The Henry Ford museum in Michigan recently. I was surprised to see a street clock with Gates Mills on the top. I grew up in Mayfield Hts., OH, right next door to Gates Mills. I've read that the Great Lakes Chapter of the NAWCC bought the clock in 1979 and donated it to the museum. Can anybody tell me from whom it was purchased? I find no information about the clock from 1925 when the interurban transit rail line stopped running until 1979 when it was purchased. Any information or photos would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Gates Mills Street Clock.jpg

2. ElectricTime

ElectricTime Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 28, 2002
    I saw the clock a few years back, I'm pretty sure it's a brown street clock.

3. sunrise1drw

sunrise1drw New Member

Feb 10, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Yes, you are correct. It was made by the Brown Street Clock Company. The face has Seth Thomas on it.

Thank you!

4. musicguy

musicguy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    ElectricTime I looked at your web site you guys do great work!

5. ElectricTime

ElectricTime Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 28, 2002
    Thanks, we are an outgrowth of Telechron.

BTW - I remember something wasn't just correct with the Gates Mills Clock - now I remember the face had the wrong maker on it. How would the clock get the name Seth Thomas on it ?