• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Garage Sale Freebie - EJU German Mantel

AndyDWA

Dec 26, 2013
Western Australia
Country
Region
I was given two clocks today at a garage sale.

The first is an EJU art deco mantel with what I believe is a Westminster chime (I still don't know much about clocks in general). It has a German movement stamped "45167 PL 13 cm" and has an EJU badge on the dial.

The case is in reasonably poor condition with the timber laminate stripped off in some areas and the lacquer crazed all over.

The movement is bright but I assume it's missing a suspension spring. The chimes seem to work.

Any information on age, where to source a suspension, and what I need to look for, would be appreciated.

EJU-mantel-front.jpg EJU-mantel-logo.jpg EJU-mantel-SerNo.jpg EJU-mantel-chimes.jpg EJU-mantel-pendulum.jpg EJU-mantel-movement.jpg

Patch

May 11, 2010
Country
Region
It's a Jauch. As for the size of the suspension spring, I'm not sure.

J. A. Olson

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Erhard Jauch Uhrenfabrik, founded before World War 2 and disbanded by 1978. Your clock's trademark was registered in 1954 so the clock does not pre-date that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nrizzo
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent