Help Frequent logins

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by wow, May 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Pineville, La. (central La.)
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    why do I have to login to the MB so often? I use an iPhone and an iPad and am prompted to re-login several times a day. I always check the “keep me signed in” block.

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    Do you log in using the local MB login (user name + password) or the NAWCC login (e-mail + password)? I find using the former keeps me logged in, while the latter times put after a while. Do you go through the usual rituals of clearing your browser and sacrificing a fatted app to the gods of the internet?

3. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I do the NAWCC login. I am bad about forgetting to give it to the gods. Does that help the login thing?

4. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    The gods are fickle, as is often the case with deity, but if you use the local/MB login, you may see the problem disappear. Give it a try for a day or two and see if that helps. If not, you need to approach the high priest, Tom McIntyre. It's above my pay grade.:exhausted:

5. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    will do. Thanks, Steven.

6. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The Temple of iMIS does not allow loitering. If you request access from one of its acolyte's you will be automatically dismissed after a time.

The Message Board is a community workhouse and does not send anyone away so long as they are breathing.

7. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    So I guess I’ll pray about it.

8. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We are one in the spirit.

9. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    Make mine single malt Scotch. I frequently use it to pour libations to the gods.

RL likes this.
  10. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Don't know why, but I've tried login in both ways and I still have to log in several times a day on each device. In the past, I often stayed logged in for several days at a time. The gods are not smiling down on me, I guess.

11. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Will, have you cleared your cookies as well as the cache on your browsers recently? IF not, do that and then reboot your computer(s). Go to mb.nawcc.org and log in using the MB log in boxes, be sure to click on "Remember me". Once that is done you shouldn't have to log in again unless you intentionally log out.

12. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, John. I did clear everything several times but did not reboot. I have now. We will see what happens.

13. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Still the same. I am asked to login several times a day. I always check “remember me”. I think I need god Tom to intervene.

14. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
    When you log in what is the browser/search engine that you are using on your Ipad and Iphone?

It may be possible that your browser/search engine is clearing cookies/history/etc.

15. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Will, there is nothing strange about your account except possibly the large number of ip addresses you have used. Apparently your isp does not reserve the ip addresses for very long. You have used over 50 different addresses this last year. I do not know of any problem with changing the ip address, but mine rarely changes except when I am traveling.

We can try to search further, but we do need to know the details of your browser and workstation, iPhone, etc. to explore it.

16. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Member Donor

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Will, which login button are you using? If it's not this one, your login will time out.
    login.png

17. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bill, I use the NAWCC blue button. I'll try the other one. Thanks.

18. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Member Donor

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Logging in via the blue button logs you into all the NAWCC sites - and ALWAYS logs you out automatically. I don't know why there's a stay logged in check box that doesn't do what it says.
    The other one (with the little key logo) only logs you into the MB, but not the main NAWCC web site. Its stay logged in button actually works. I'm NEVER logged out unless I do it manually.

19. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    On the main site, the "stay logged in" means, while your cookie has not expired or 24 hours. You can close your browser or navigate away and you will still be logged in. Very few sites with financial information allow permanent login.

I thought we had described the small key login before, but I am delighted that WOW has found it now.

20. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes, Tom. I found it. I have not been prompted to login for three days now. Thanks!

21. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sorry for bringing this up again, but it’s happening again on my iPhone, but something new: When I click on the NAWCC icon on my home page and then click on the key MB login, the window asking for my login name and password appears. I then click on that login and enter the first letter of my login name. The whole window disappears. The only way I can login is using the blue NAWCC button. I always click the remember me button, but I am asked to login again often. Not every time, but often. What am I doing wrong?

22. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There is no permanent login from the blue button. The "remember me" check box only remembers you for the iMIS session which is relatively short, certainly less than 24 hours.

If you want to be permanently logged in here for any given browser, you should navigate to NAWCC Message Board and use the key symbol login on the Message Board. If you do that with its "remember me" check box checked, you will stay logged on until you explicitly log off. However that only works for a specific device since the key piece of data is stored in your browser on that device.

If you have been trying and getting failures, you will likely need to clear your cookies for the browser you are using to get rid of corrupted information.

23. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Will,

Another thing to check is whether your browser only keeps cookies for the duration of your session and deletes them when you quit. If it is, it could be causing some of your problems. This is usually under the Content settings.

Regards,

Graham