French French Wall Clock Info Needed

BijuT

Jun 14, 2021
Country
Hi All,
Recently acquired this bronze French wall clock and would like information on it if anyone could identify. The hour markers are porcelain and the movement is French, but obviously newer. The case seems very old to me, but I could be wrong, and that's the part I'm most interested in (the case). It has a repair note written on the inside from 1957 (see photo) which I googled and looks like a high-end antique shop in Manhattan of that time. The clock is 17 inches tall and weighs over 15 pounds.
TIA

IMG_8947.JPEG IMG_9125.JPEG IMG_8935.JPEG

BijuT

Jun 14, 2021
Country
Hi All,
Recently acquired this bronze French wall clock and would like information on it if anyone could identify. The hour markers are porcelain and the movement is French, but obviously newer. The case seems very old to me, but I could be wrong, and that's the part I'm most interested in (the case). It has a repair note written on the inside from 1957 (see photo) which I googled and looks like a high-end antique shop in Manhattan of that time. The clock is 17 inches tall and weighs over 15 pounds.
TIA

View attachment 658945 View attachment 658946 View attachment 658947
IMG_9128.jpeg

zedric

NAWCC Member
Aug 8, 2012
Country
Region
It is an unusual case. I'm not an expert by a long chalk, but if I had to guess I would say the case seems to be from the 1930s or there abouts - between the world wars at least - based on nothing but a feeling for the style of decoration. If it had been English I would have said it had an arts and crafts kind of feel, but I don't know if there was a similar movement in France.

Others may well have a better guess than mine

BijuT

Jun 14, 2021
Country
It is an unusual case. I'm not an expert by a long chalk, but if I had to guess I would say the case seems to be from the 1930s or there abouts - between the world wars at least - based on nothing but a feeling for the style of decoration. If it had been English I would have said it had an arts and crafts kind of feel, but I don't know if there was a similar movement in France.

Others may well have a better guess than mine
Any other details or photos I could add to help identify this clock case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosscoid
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller