• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

french marble clock

ladymoon

New User
Jun 20, 2013
does anyone know the maker of a black marbel clock, it has W.B.K & fils Paris on the inside workings plus a crown in a circle with an A. it has pillars each side of face & a brass plaque at the top, I think with romans on it & it has a dome on the top sided by two roof top shaped pices of marel. please can anyone help & if any one knows around what age it could be.

Missy

NAWCC Member
May 27, 2004
Ms.
Country
Region
Is it possible for you to post some pictures of the clock and the markings on the movement?

Missy

Talyinka

May 14, 2011
England
Country
Here is one which, judging by your description, is similar:

http://vergangenezeiten.npage.de/uhren/uhren.html

I's a bit down the page on the site.

I think this may be a similar movement:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-A...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I do not know who exactly WBK & Fils were but Marti movements have been known to carry this mark in addition to the Marti mark, so I expect them to be finishers and/or retailers using basic Marti (or perhaps other) movements. The A and crown may indicate a Royal appointment and/or simply be a quality mark. Maybe other members know more.

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
A photo would be helpful as missy says, I have also found this WBK mark before now and there has been a known makers mark on the plate as well, so I assumed, as Talyinka has said the WBK was a Paris retailer of clocks.

There were very many many French movements made without a makers mark, so there is a chance you may not know the maker unfortunately

Missy

NAWCC Member
May 27, 2004
Ms.
Country
Region
I think the WBK mark was a Paris retailer also. Without a picture of the clock, I have only one other suggestion. If this is a T&S that strikes on a bell, remove the bell to see if there is a maker's mark on the movement. If not, there is no way to tell maker or age as others have said.

Missy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mickri
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How To Open A Pocket Watch Case by Kent