• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

French Marble clock ID please.

binman

Nov 16, 2011
Chatham England
Country
Region
Hi, Got giving this clock to sort out tonight, its French, has a makers mark, not one that i know, none runner, or was, its now working but needs a good clean, the crutch was bent every which way.I never know what to charge, being a novice, i do for a bit of pin money really, but it has still got to be stripped, put though the ultrasonic, pivot holes pegged out and put back together, Would £50 pounds be to much?

Attachments

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
I don't know who made it but the mark looks engraved; where makers marks are normally stamped into the brass, so it might be a retailers mark, post production.

£50.00 plus parts is very good value for anyone having one of these serviced and cleaned I reckon BM. A business would be charging £150.00 plus.

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
if You` re realy doing a professional TLC-complete dismanteling- I´ll send You all my french pendules de Paris mvmts,beware I´ve got quiet a few of them!Too cheap,take 75-100,-
Best
Burkhard

jmclaugh

Jun 1, 2006
Devon
Country
Region
£50 is very good value for a timepiece, pity you are in Chatham. Double that for a striker would still be very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthracite
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent