Free Leaves

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by woodlawndon, Oct 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. woodlawndon

woodlawndon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Male
    Woodlawn, Ontario
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Free leaves. You won’t find leaves like this just anywhere, they are the rare breed that only fall once a year. 100% organic, great for compost, starting fires or for that stylish look just lying on your grass.

Today only: as many as you want, you simply have to harvest them from my yard. You can imagine, demand will be high, I wouldn’t wait. Act now!

Both love and hate this time of year.
    Don

ulNkBeStRIyNrx3cj7ghhg.jpg

Rick Hufnagel, Dave T, PatH and 2 others like this.
  2. MartyR

MartyR Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Dec 16, 2008
    UK
    Country Flag:
    This is an offer I can't resist - exactly what I want right now! My only problem is that I live in England, and therefore would need to export the leaves - do you know if the CITES regulations include these rare leaves as an "endangered species", and if so where I might get certification?

3. woodlawndon

NAWCC Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Male
    Woodlawn, Ontario
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tell you what Marty, if you come over and harvest these rare angiosperms, I will take care of all the paperwork required. If they become as popular as I think they would be in England, I can probably keep you supplied for a very long time. Think of the fun and profit!

4. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Remember, these rare leaves can only be harvested by grumpy teenagers who have better things to do on weekends like hanging out, playing video games and driving around wasting gas.

woodlawndon likes this.
  5. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It would also be nice to have a very large library, so you can press all of those between pages!

6. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If i had a big yard like this, i would use a mulcher lawn mower. Nice yard btw.

7. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    If I could afford a big yard like that, I would hire a landscaper to have at it and haul it all away.

8. woodlawndon

NAWCC Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Male
    Woodlawn, Ontario
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Since no grumpy teenagers showed up to take advantage of my great deal, I've had to go at it myself. Timing is always an issue every year, if you wait until they're all down they will be covered in snow until spring, so I have to do them at least 3 times. I use this rig, kinda slow because you are emptying all the time but works fairly well. Hopefully I can get back to playing with clocks soon.
    Don

SQ75su%0Qc2y264ZZEbIGA.jpg

9. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The condo where i live, it takes so much time to gather leaves and haul away. A mulching mower would give fertilizer to the grass and be so easy to use.