NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
Please post your Fredonia and Peoria Watch Company private label watches in this thread. When posting, please include photos whenever possible (obeying copyright law, of course). For the description, please provide the serial number, model and grade information, and any information you have obtained about the retailer who's name appears on the watch. The more information, the better. We would like to make this more than just a list. It will, hopefully, become a prime resource for private label research. Thanks in advance to all who contribute!

Rick Hufnagel

Just Rick!
NAWCC Member
Oct 25, 2018
Pittsburgh pa
Country
Region
I have been digging around on a few retailers that are interesting, and while searching for more information on L.W. Loomis of Carrollton Ill, pictures of this Loomis Standard marked Peoria came up. Serial number 7748. Adjusted. Really beautiful movement with a signed dial as well.

Thanks to Jones Horan for keeping the auction pictures around, it's a great resource.

Peoria Watch Co, private label | Jones and Horan Auction Team

Just wanted to share that link to add to the two Loomis movements in the Hampden private label thread, in case anyone is ever looking into Mr. Loomis

Sorry if you expected something more exciting than me trying to link some research together I can't put a Peoria in the Hampden thread!

Plus, I'm hoping someone will add some watches to this thread if they see it :D

watchbob

NAWCC Member
May 8, 2009
Spencerville Ohio & Winter Haven Florida
Country
Fredonia
Franz P Stieglitz Anderson Ind ser# 5744 - nickel dank 15J adj 24 hour dial
M H Loomer Waverly Ia ser# 10006 gilt damaskeened 15J adj
Banner & Bigelow Marquette Mich sn1304 ni dmsk KW
Peoria
Dial & movt Henry Reis Davenport Ia & movt. also marked For Railway Service 15j adj ni dmsk sn 17045
J C Armstrong Ottawa Kas 11,358 Ni Dmsk 15 J adj
Frank Price Kansas City 8638 gilt 15 J adj

Sorry no Pic - couple are on eBay - mine are not available to me right now
Bob

Lee Passarella

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2015
Country
Region
By sheer happenstance, I've been wearing my Non-Magnetic Watch Co. version the last two days, Serial #40080. These are nice watches, I think.

Reactions: musicguy

Rick Hufnagel

Just Rick!
NAWCC Member
Oct 25, 2018
Pittsburgh pa
Country
Region
Lee,

I've looked into Russell previously(for a neat Hampden). Unfortunately it wasn't an easy case.

George W Russel,
Born 1841
Civil War Vet.

Son of George Russell who was a clock/watchmaker/jeweler in Philadelphia since at least the early 1830s. Maybe earlier but have nothing.

It's all jumbled by the incredible amount of Russells in Philadelphia. I just can't find anything concrete. Maybe you can bring it together??

Good luck!

Reactions: Lee Passarella

Lee Passarella

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2015
Country
Region
I sure wish I could, Rick, but as Edward VII was supposed to have said after visiting Philadelphia in 1860, "I met a large and interesting family named 'Scrapple' and ate a rather delicious local dish named 'Biddle.' I expect I'd have as much trouble getting to the bottom of the Russell/Philadelphia mystery!

thesnark17

NAWCC Member
Jul 11, 2020
Country
Region
I see that movement 20104 in post 3 above is 9 or 11 jewels, yet signed Adjusted just like its (presumably) higher grade 15 jewel peers.

Did Fredonia just sign everything Adjusted?

Kent

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Gold Member
Aug 26, 2000
Country
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but here it is:

Peoria_Non-Magnetic_18S_15J_37740.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member