Forum Format

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Gordon Andersen, Jun 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. Gordon Andersen

Gordon Andersen Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 4, 2000
    What has happened to the format of our forums?
    When I read the entries and get to the last one, (No new messages) I bookmark this last entry which I open, usually
    the next day and continue until I again reach the last one.
    Now, when I open my bookmark, I get a listing of all past posts referring to a previous post. Not the last one I read!
    What is the reasoning behind this change? Or, is it possibly something has invaded my computer causing this muddle?
    All I can do now, is ask for help.
    Gordon A.
    West Bend, Wisconsin

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    I think this thread might get better attention in the MB User Help and Comments forum.

3. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member Donor

Apr 6, 2012
    AFAIK, nothing has been changed in the way the MB works or its display format.
    I don't really understand your problem. Can you give me more details, and maybe screen shots?

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    As I understand it, you are using the browser bookmark facility to store the URL of the last post you looked at. If it stored correctly, it should always bring you back to that URL. For what it is worth, I have never done that and so have not seen either behavior.

I have the web site itself saved as a favorite bookmark in my bookmark list. When I open it, I look for the new material indicators and click on the "first unread" link or icon for each thread I want to read (after opening the forum of interest).

Could you paste an example bookmark here in this thread? (as well as the screen shot Bill requested)