Help First Post Need Direction

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Jared Gregory, Dec 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jared Gregory

Jared Gregory Registered User

Dec 5, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello and thank you for this forum,
    I recently bought a pocket watch at an auction and was wondering how I should go about getting information or comments about it. I haven't received the item yet, but the auction I purchased from has the details online. It was my first purchase. Should I wait and take my own pictures or is it possible to share screenshots or a URL image from the auction as it is fair use? Also, which thread would be best to start in?

2. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Forums Administrator
    NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello and welcome, Jared!
    We have a forum for American Pocket Watches and one for European (and other) Pocket Watches. You would most likely want to post in one of those two if you are just looking for information. Since the auction has ended, you can post a link to the auction if you want. You cannot 'borrow' the photos directly as this violates copyright law, unless you get permission to use them from the seller. Good luck with your purchase. We look forward to seeing it.

3. Jared Gregory

Jared Gregory Registered User

Dec 5, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag: