• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Favag FAVAG serial numbers

RODALCO

Mar 27, 2006
New Zealand
Country
Hello,

I have 2 questions and would really appreciate if someone can explain or help me out please?

Q.1.
Does anyone know at what year the FAVAG clocks serial numbers refer too.
I have tried to get any info out of Ascom who has taken over FAVAG but to no luck.
Also I have the publication from Michel Viredaz re FAVAG clocks but there is no information re the FAVAG serial numbers and year of manufacturer.
I have a FAVAG master clock "hauptuhr" serial number # 1865 which I think is late 1940's.
This one has a 2/3 seconds pendulum with Hipp Toggle and is very quite in operation and very accurate in time keeping from a regulated 24 Volts DC supply.
This one has an invar pendulum.

Q.2.
At home I also have 5 FAVAG slave dials "nebenuhr" in service running of the FAVAG masterclock. Four of them have FAVAG signed on the front faceplate and one hasn't but it has the FAVAG data on the slave mechanism.
What's the reason for a manufacturer to sign sometimes the dial plate and other times not ?
I have noticed that with other slave clocks too.
(T&N, CT Wagner, Moser Baer).

RODALCO

Mar 27, 2006
New Zealand
Country
Hello,

I have 2 questions and would really appreciate if someone can explain or help me out please?

Q.1.
Does anyone know at what year the FAVAG clocks serial numbers refer too.
I have tried to get any info out of Ascom who has taken over FAVAG but to no luck.
Also I have the publication from Michel Viredaz re FAVAG clocks but there is no information re the FAVAG serial numbers and year of manufacturer.
I have a FAVAG master clock "hauptuhr" serial number # 1865 which I think is late 1940's.
This one has a 2/3 seconds pendulum with Hipp Toggle and is very quite in operation and very accurate in time keeping from a regulated 24 Volts DC supply.
This one has an invar pendulum.

Q.2.
At home I also have 5 FAVAG slave dials "nebenuhr" in service running of the FAVAG masterclock. Four of them have FAVAG signed on the front faceplate and one hasn't but it has the FAVAG data on the slave mechanism.
What's the reason for a manufacturer to sign sometimes the dial plate and other times not ?
I have noticed that with other slave clocks too.
(T&N, CT Wagner, Moser Baer).