Fashion #2 Springs

missouri

Nov 18, 2005
Can someone supply me with the specifications for the mainsprings of a Seth Thomas Fashion #2 calendar clock? Is the time spring more powerful than the strike spring? Has anyone else had trouble with the teeth wearing badly on the time main wheel? Thanks for your help.

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
I have Fashion #2 (I think) It is the long pendulum with the big thick-plated movement. The springs look the same. I would have to measure them to be sure.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Can someone supply me with the specifications for the mainsprings of a Seth Thomas Fashion #2 calendar clock? Is the time spring more powerful than the strike spring? Has anyone else had trouble with the teeth wearing badly on the time main wheel? Thanks for your help.
It would be very unusual to have the time side stronger than the strike. If the teeth are noticeably bad, that may be your issue.

inbeat

NAWCC Member
Nov 10, 2000
Portland, Oregon
Country
Region
I have Fashion #2 (I think) It is the long pendulum with the big thick-plated movement. The springs look the same. I would have to measure them to be sure.
The Fashion #2 is not the "big thick -plated movement"...it is the Seth 44 upper movement and is a short drop...if you look in the Seth book, you might find the spring sizes or numbers....I will check it out in mine....

missouri

Nov 18, 2005
Thanks everyone for the info. The movement is the short drop and I believe a model 44. Does anyone know the specific width, length, and strength for this movement as used in the Fashion Model 2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elyagui13
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff