1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jorge Nayib Abuawad Nuñez

Jan 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    #1 Jorge Nayib Abuawad Nuñez, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2019
    Good Morning,

Would someone tell me about this Clock?, fabrication date?

Best regards,

Jorge Nayib Abuawad

IMG-20190119-WA0052.jpg IMG-20190119-WA0050.jpg IMG-20190119-WA0054.jpg

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Welcome to the board,

Your clock is very nice example of such clock, sometimes called a lamp clock or night clock. Yours is missing the glass oil reservoir that fits on the top, held by the pierced brass circle, and the wick. Polished up, the brass would look very fine.

Your clock also would have had a brass edge surrounding the dial. I don't know if it is the angle of the photograph but it looks as if the shaft which turns the dial is bent downwards.

As I expect you know, the hand is fixed and the dial revolves. The mechanism is wound by the knob at the back (but I am not sure that yours is original, it looks as if it might be a replacement, being a knob rather than a winding handle).

I am not sure of the date, but I would estimate around 1860. However, there are some on this site who have done research on Farcot clocks and may be able to give a more exact date. Perhaps they will be along soon.

As to value, I cannot help.

JTD