• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Fahys Coin Case Question

EricWeider

Aug 22, 2011
Is it possible to date a Fahys Coin case by the serial number?

Mine is B7036

Any help...much appreciated!

EricWeider

Aug 22, 2011
It's a case for a Elgin pocket watch that I have from 1885/1886. I am new and thought that watch cases would be inlcuded in the conversations here. Sorry if I was mistaken.

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
This is the clocks forum. We don't know from Fahys coin cases. I'm sure Scottie will switch your post to the appropriate watch forum. Welcome anyway!

EricWeider

Aug 22, 2011
OK thanks. I am learning my way around here. I made another post about a watch. A ladies Homewatch Co that I would like to learn more about.

Greg Frauenhoff

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Eric,

The serial number alone is of no help, to me anyway, in dating your particular case, but if you could post a picture the general style, etc., might help us to narrow down the approx. time frame for it.

Greg

terry hall

NAWCC Brass Member
Apr 12, 2001
Central North Carolina
Country
Region
Not really, as there are (as far as 'we' know) no surviving records of the case companies.

There has been limited research for factory cased RR watches to where there are records to compare.

I think you have done a good job finding the ad... and researching the elgin serial number.

should be good enuff unless there are half-a-dozen additional case screw marks in it... ;)