Extreme restoration

moe1942

Oct 25, 2010
Alexandria, La
Country
Region
I posted this in restoration but it also has repair of movements so thought I would post it here as well.

That's the name of the book I just ordered. Found it at Amazon much cheaper than at the restoration site. $39.17 to the door. Since I rarely went beyond movement repair I need some pointers now that it is a hobby and I now have time to get to my collection.

Figure there must be some good info in 698 pages. Here's the site if anyone might be interested. Also I am not affiliated with this site in any way, shape or form. Just passing it on.

http://www.xrestore.com/

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
Yep. Tom Temple is a member of the MB, and has been a contributor in the past. He knows his stuff.

moe1942

Oct 25, 2010
Alexandria, La
Country
Region
Glad to hear that. I rarely messed with cases so I need a little help in that area. I have about 40 clocks that need some face lifting to one extent or another. Plus I recently bought four more..

I have a movement in one for the shame list when my camera batteries get charged..and another that will present a mystery for some of you.

moe1942

Oct 25, 2010
Alexandria, La
Country
Region
Here's the book description.

Book Description

Publication Date: April 19, 2011
The definitive reference for accurate, period-correct restoration of antique American clocks. Over 690 pages of detailed how-to techniques with over 150,000 words and more than 2,500 photos and images. To ensure clarity, each chapter in Extreme Restoration may be view in full color at the Extreme Restoration web site. Additionally, a special web site has been created to show application of all techniques to a single "project clock" to demonstrate the dramatic results possible from beginning to end. A truly complete reference for professional quality clock restoration.

Show More

Show Less

Product Details

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darc
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller