"Extreme Restoration”

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by Firegriff, May 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Firegriff

Firegriff Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I would like to recommend the book "Extreme Restorations" by T.E. Temple NAWCC member as a must have when restoring old clock as a Newbie it has given me many incites in how the old clocks were made and how to repair the cases properly there are 690 pages with many Black and white illustrations I had to put rubber bands around it to hold down the covers for the photos because I have been using it so much. It is $49.95 but the information is worth much more. Available on line

Restor3.JPG Restor4.JPG

2. rstl99

rstl99 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Male
    Retired and free (with dog again!)
    Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Is there still a website from the author available to get updates and other related files to complement the book? I found that was a good thing when I bought the book used a couple of years ago. I'm more into watches now so the book doesn't see much use, for now...

3. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
  4. Firegriff

Firegriff Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Male
    Country Flag:
  5. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Male
    retired educator
    Greenfield, Nova Scotia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A great book and lots of useful information. The photos in the book are black and white but you can go to the site for the matching colour photos.
    Ron

6. bytes2doc

bytes2doc Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 31, 2009
    Physician
    Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I too found this a great book to have. Only disappointment that iron clocks, Spelter/pot metals not covered.