• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Explanation of IBM Three Wire Correction System.

ibm clock

Sep 5, 2005
These scans are via Jim Lane. Here is an explanation of the IBM Three Wire Correction System.

IBM Time 1.jpg ibm time 2.jpg

Toughtool

Aug 12, 2016
Panama City, FL
Country
This is the first schematic I have seen where the system voltage polarity is reversed, i.e. - on C and + on A and A. Most apply +24 volts to the contacts and the master relay grounds (-) to A and B. What publication is this document from?

Here is Page 16 from the ITR Service Instructions No. 230, April 1, 1938

Schematic1.jpg

ibm clock

Sep 5, 2005
You would have to ask Jim where they are from. My guess is they are from a 1950s IBM or maybe even Simplex Service Manual built around the 090 movement found on the 91 series masters. That is what Jim gave me when I had questions on my 91 series master. I also think the print you are showing is from clocks that use a seperate relay to transfer between the A and B wire, rather than use the stop contact on the clock. I called it the Duplex Relay, but some masters were wired to run 3 and 2 wire systems of impulse correction and had to accomplish the polarity reversal of the two wire systems vi a reversing relay, and the stop contact on the master controlled that relays coil. My 25 master has such a set up. I do have a diagram from the same 1950s manual that shows the Duplex Relay set up, id just have to get it off a disk and upload it.

Last edited:
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMW24
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions