• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Experience running MicroSet on Windows platforms?

Sherry Kitts

Board Secretary
Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Apr 15, 2013
If you work on watch, or even clock repair, and are using MicroSet hardware/software, which Windows platform do you recommend? Brian Mumford uses Windows XP, but advises that Windows 7 is probably OK. Is anyone running a Windows platform higher than Windows 7? Is it even compatible with Windows 10? Thank You for any advise you can give! Sherry Kitts

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
From their website:
"Seen below is the screen of the MicroSet interface program
version 3 for Windows (compatible with Windows XP through Windows 10)."

Rob

Sherry Kitts

Board Secretary
Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Apr 15, 2013
Thank you so much ! I overlooked that info on Brian's website !! Dilemma resolved.

DeweyC

NAWCC Member
Feb 5, 2007
Baltimore
www.historictimekeepers.com
Country
Thank you so much ! I overlooked that info on Brian's website !! Dilemma resolved.
Sherry,

I have used the microset on Windows (2000 to 10). I am a professional watchmaker and use it in conjunction with my MU-700.

It is great when the beat is very far out. I like the amplitude oscillograph although there are times I do wish I could adjust the set point (volume gain is not specific enough at times).

I print out the oscillographs and timing printouts to include with my final reports to my customers.

It also is very handy for marine chronometers and getting them zeroed in before running final comparisons against USNO.

You will need a serial port to USB adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndyF1
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent