• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Exit pallet noise ???????

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
a bit of the crutch pin smacking back and forth in the crutch slot....

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I've seen several modern movement pallets that had a slight raised edge left from the surfacing operation.

Get out the ole microscope and have a look-see.

It's like when you sharpen a knife and a tiny amount of metal is pushed over. On a knife this condition is easily corrected with a 'steel'. On a clock you can fix it with fine sandpaper block and/or an arkansas stone.

Please report back on what you find there.

Willie X

Thomas Sanguigni

NAWCC Member
Aug 22, 2018
secondhandclockshop.com
Country
Region
With the auto dead beat, you can struggle with the drop, lock, and run. I have found that stoning the anchor verge face can exacerbate your problem. How big is the pendulum arc?

Set your entrance pallet first. Willie has a point if it is a new unit. If you are rebuilding, I would guess wear. If it is wear, buy yourself a complete replacement for the anchor assembly. You will be amazed at the restorative power. Your arc will be just like new.

TEACLOCKS

NAWCC Member
Mar 22, 2005
Santa Rosa Calif.
www.weserviceallclocks.com
Country
Region
I took out the verge polished the face with 600, 4,000, then 12,000 buff.
The click is gone.
Just a slight wwish sound exiting now. with the amplifier.
I hate to say it BUT - GOOD ENOUGH
Thank you all, I am so feed up with these new movements.
This is the 5th Hermle NEW movement in a row That has some kind of a problem, in this month, Many others in the past that I never said any thing about. Two I have sent back for them to fix.
I guess I will see how the do.
Thank you again, I was not going to do any thing, Just ship it.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Oh no! It's another contest! :clap:

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
I just had the same problem with the Keumpel I was working on. The same solution I found by coincidence. I polished the pallets and it was gone. One to remember. Danny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helplessfanatic12
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-