• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Help Excessive warning on an HERMLE 1161 series.....

Clockinit

Nov 4, 2019
Country
Hello All...Greetings and Salutations!! This week I'm working on a Ridgeway GF clock with an Hermle 1161 series, triple chime, cable drive. I have a question regarding the warning at all the quarter hours. There seems to be excessive spin of the fly when the clock goes into warning. The first hammer in the sequence will lift to about 3/4 of the full travel and hang there until the chime sequence begins...Is this OK? Is there a fix? It doesn't seem to affect the speed of the sequences except at the 3/4 hour mark..It seems to start slower....
I have also occasionally noted that at the 3/4 hour warning it will spin long enough to go thru 2 hammer strikes...I know that's not right...Any Thoughts? Helpful hints, tips or suggestions?

Best,
Bob

wow

NAWCC Member
Jun 24, 2008
Pineville, La. (central La.)
Country
Region
The wheel on the rear of the movement has a set screw (maybe two) on it. Loosen it slightly and turn the wheel so it stops the pin barrel immediately after the last hammer falls . The first hammer should not move at all during warning.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
You might have to change your stop wheel position to get a shorter warning run. Show us a pic of the front of the movement.

John P

NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2010
North Carolina
Country
Region
Reset stop wheel(left one on front plate) so that stop pin is pointing to fan arbor. Then reset chime timing if needed

Reactions: Altashot

Clockinit

Nov 4, 2019
Country
Will, Willie X, 'Bugsey and John P...
Thank You all for the input.. the issue was quite simple..I had aligned the stop pin at the 1:00 position in reference to the fan arbor when setting up the 2 cams to stop at the 3/4 mark, but it must've moved while tightening...I guess I should have double checked that first. I also rechecked/adjusted the wheel on the back of the movement for the chime drum. All 3 tunes, as well as there sequencing and rate of lift and fall are fluid and even...I like!!!

Again and as always..Thank You!!

Best,
Bob
P.S. Willie.X. the movement is marked 'F'...making it a '93...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gtkelle
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-