Even more snow

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by the 3rd dwarve, Mar 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. the 3rd dwarve

the 3rd dwarve Registered User

Nov 3, 2000
    It’s been quite a March weather wise; this is our third storm this month.

We haven’t gotten that much snow but this stuff weighs about 20 pounds a shovel full.

The bad news:

There is no power at the shop today so nothing will go out the door.

The good news:

I get to stay home, read, sit by the fire, and play with the dogs all day.

I do have a little case work I need to do.

Finish that off this evening with a good meal and a little single malt and you’ve had a good day.

Maybe it will be sunny and bright tomorrow.

How’s everyone else fairing?

D~

we love snow.jpg especially me.jpg

2. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi D~, no snow; I live in the Tropics, but I just got a Bottle of Jameson Whiskey in payment for a small Computer Job. Regards Ray.

irish_jam1.jpg

3. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    D,

Whereabouts do you live? I am guessing New England. Here in SE PA, we were bracing for #3, but it turned out to be a dusting. After the first two noreasters, we are "grizzled veterans".:):emoji_cloud_snow:

Regards.

4. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here we have green lawns and robins back from their migration. All of our snow disappeared during a mild spell in February, with only light dusting since. Our daily temperatures have been either above freezing or close for a month or so.

5. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Forums Administrator
    NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I've just returned from driving across the U.S. - Virginia to California. I hit the weather just right. Rain was either a day ahead of me or a day behind. In between, it was BEAUTIFUL. A couple of photos as proof... Petersburg, Virginia and Vicksburg, Mississippi.

Of course it wasn't all perfect. That nasty Nor'easter on March 2 caused my connecting flight to Virginia to be cancelled, so I got there a day late.

IMG_0132s.jpg IMG_0144s.jpg

6. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    That's the weather you want, Dave. In a couple of weeks, my wife and I will be driving to Missouri to meet our son. I hope for the weather you show. Our part of Maryland has been blissfully snow free this winter (I say that cautiously). I begrudge none the terrible weather from the Nor'easters, but I am thankful that none of that has hit us. (I hope I haven't spoken too soon.!)

7. the 3rd dwarve

Nov 3, 2000
    View attachment 466817 I took the Unimog out to see what is going on and it is a mess out there, we are really in for it here in Rhode Island.

There must be 14 to 16 inches of it out there and it’s still coming down hard.

Omexa,

A couple of fingers with a splash beats a foot of snow any night.

New2clocks,

That Noreaster hit us hard. I’ve just started clearing the downed trees on my lot and I’ve already stacked over three cords. I have a ton of small pieces to shred when the weather breaks.

Harold,

That just doesn’t seem right. There’s plenty to go around. I would gladly share some of this with you.

Dave,

Nice photos, they make me think of spring here which seems a long way off today.

Steven,

If it’s going to snow this is what I want to see. I’d rather see three of these than ten storms of 2 to 3 inches. Most drivers will stay off the roads today. When we get only a couple of inches the roadways get crazy.

It’s forcast to keep up until late evening. I can’t wait to see what it looks like tomorrow morning.

D~

3 13 18.jpg View attachment 466809

8. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Our robins are back too, and we're expecting 60 degree weather today. I'll try to send some of it your way ;)

9. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    When I had to deal with shoveling, I really appreciated those storms that deposited the snow at a rate that I could keep up with, every several hours. There's nothing worse than having to "dig out".

10. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Well, spring my butt, here comes maybe a foot of snow overnight on the first day, time to kick the groundhog. Right now, sleet and big flakes, most coming later tonight.

11. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    In SE PA, we are getting clobbered with our 3rd nor'easter. Hopefully, no power outages this time!

Regards.

12. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It has finally started to snow here in NJ at 2:30 PM. From weather channels it may not amount to much of anything when it is done. I cut back my work schedule to only local calls, I do automotive warranty inspections, and lost about $200 because of the scary forecast.

13. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi richiec, I know what you mean, when I lived on Mt Nelson we sometimes had to climb out the window in the laundry because of 4 feet of snow piled against the Doors. I was going to UTAS (University) then and down in Hobart there was no snow so the University was open and it was a real slog going down and later back up.
    "Mt Nelson Steps to the Mount Nelson Signal Station
    Time: 1.5 hours return Difficulty: Challenging Start off at Churchill Avenue opposite the University of Tasmania. This is a very challenging walk, as the first part up the steps gets very steep! This may not be a walk for beginners, more something to work your way up to, with the added benefit being the reward of a long black at the Signal Station Café."
    During the snow season I was doing this every weekday. I Lived about 500 yards from the Signal Station Café. I was pretty fit back then and I used to run up the steps; not down too slippery. Regards Ray

14. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Omexa, I used to be fit also, used to run the mile around the block to the local watering hole and then try to run home after a "short" stay. But time waits for no man, even me.

15. oyster

oyster Registered User

Feb 15, 2017
    Europe
    Country Flag:
    Quite a bit of snow (again) in Eastern Europe. Around a week ago we had 25 degrees Celsius for a few days and it looked like winter was long gone but nope...

16. the 3rd dwarve

Nov 3, 2000
    How’s everyone doing weatherwise?

It was snowing here late last night but there was hardly anything on the ground this morning and the roads were dry by noon. We got lucky.

Maybe spring is on the way.

D~

late snows.jpg

17. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We were issued a winter storm warning for tomorrow afternoon and Saturday :(