• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Eureka Eureka "Torsion" clock questions.

clockdoc

Nov 27, 2001
Had a customer bring in a Eureka clock and I have a couple of questions. First, I believe this to be a german made Eureka, standing approx 13" high without the glass dome. Has a rotating balance wheel under the dial, and a place under the base for a battery. I need to find out the correct voltage and the best way to fit a battery into this clock, also the contact that catches the balance wheel is broken, I think. It seems to be too short to make contact and it looks as though there was an additional piece on it at one time. Maybe someone has one of these clocks they can send me a picture of the contact. Finally, I really need a minute hand for this clock. The dial is 4 5/16" in diameter and the hour hand is 1 11/16" in a spade style. Any help or suggestions anyone can offer in this restoration will be greatly appreciated. Ths owner of this great clock received it from her grandfather who she believes to be the original owner. Thanks to all who might be able to help.

Keith

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country
You should try to obtain a copy of the book, "The Eureka Clock", Dr F G Alan Shenton.

It has drawings of the contact as well as other information pertaining to your clock.

Ralph