Euramca 400 day help needed

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by CameraGuy32, Aug 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CameraGuy32

CameraGuy32 Registered User

Apr 12, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hi all.
    I just finished maintenance on a GF clock for a client, and they offered me a non-working 400 day Euramca for free. Owner says that it hasn't worked in years after a botched repair job, and they were going to throw it into the trash. I couldn't let that happen, so now I have it.
    I have no idea what model this is, but the plates are 44mm wide by 95mm long. distance between the plates is 30.7mm. With the dome on, the clock is 12' tall.
    It appeared that someone thought that you could fix all problems with oil, as it was dripping from every orfice. Full disassembly was in order.
    First thing that I noticed is that the pin from the verge to the fork is broken clean off. I have no access to a drill press to repair, but i was wondering if the pin was drilled and pressed into the shaft, or just into the verge. I've looked at Timesavers and Hololovar, and don't see these listed as a replacement part. Any suggestions how to repair or replace this?
    The mainspring appeared to be broken, but when I opened it up, it appeared as though someone had been in there, and it was just slipping on the wind shaft. A slight bend at the end of the spring fixed that.
    The suspension spring was in surprisingly good shape - no twists, bends of kinks.
    Just need to get that pin fixed, and I'm sure this will run. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
    Steve Anniversary2.JPG Anniversary3.JPG Anniversary1.JPG

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 KurtinSA, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    The repair guide indicates that the back plate number for this clock is 1077. As for the anchor pin, which I believe is broken, your best chance is to find a replacement for the whole anchor. I'd suggest calling The Horolovar Company next week with the information you have about the clock...the plate number helps a lot. They have some spare parts and might be able to sell you something that will work. It seems that the clock was made by the J. Link & Co. and Euramca (the importer) stamped the back. The anchor for your clock might have been used on other clocks by the same manufacturer.

Horolovar Home Page

Or you might troll ebay and find a donor clock. Best to have the same back plate.

On a separate note, I once broke a pin off and also didn't have a drill press. I did have a Dremel and ended up buying one of their stands which lets me mount the Dremel into it which then makes it into a drill press. Called the 220-01 Workstation

Kurt

3. CameraGuy32

CameraGuy32 Registered User

Apr 12, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thank you for the info.
    As it turns out, the damage to this verge was much worse than I realized. Both pivots were bent and cracked. Tried to gently straighten, and off they came.
    Everything else in this clock is in great shape.
    I contacted Chris at Horolovar and somehow he found one. Should be here any day now.
    Thanks for your info, as it certainly saved me a lot of time trying to identify this movement.

Steve