ESQ Watch Crystal

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Frank N, Mar 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Frank N

Frank N Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Under the category if no good deed goes unpunished. I replaced a battery for a friend in his ESQ wristwatch and cracked the crystal closing the snap back and am having trouble finding the crystal.

It is a model E5397, a rectangular watch, the crystal measures 20.7 mm wide by 25.6mm long and is curved along the longer dimension.

I called several parts houses, no luck and EAQ said they would not sell to me.
    :confused:

Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

2. glenhead

glenhead Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Telecom Engineer
    Williamson County, Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I replaced one of those several years ago, though fortunately it was at the customer's expense and not mine...

I ended up buying an assortment of curved crystals, found one the right curvature, and learned to trim and polish mineral glass crystal edges. It is NOT fun, but I don't know of any other way to do it.

Good luck!

Glen

3. Albert Antonelli

Albert Antonelli Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Frank it is no good, you might try Borrel in Kansas City, they sell fancy crystals for some of these protected watches, good luck

4. Frank N

Frank N Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Under the category better late than never, I found a supply house that ordered the correct crystal from ESQ. And at the same time purchased a rectangular die for my crystal press. Don't want to do this again.