• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Encyclopedia categories

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
A poster to this MB has enquired about posting an operations manual for the servicing of a Watchmaster G 11 timing machine, but he wonders where on the MB to post it. I have a user's guide for a Vibrograh M90 quartz watch analyzer which I have had several requests for. Both of these items could be good to upload to the ENCYCLOPEDIA, but there really isn't a category that seems to be the logical place for such listings. Perhaps there should be a category for WATCH REPAIR INSTRUCTION MANUALS available in the encyclopedia for just such material. Or simply INSTRUCTION MANUALS.

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Doug, I can see the value of having a category where instruction manuals and the like could be posted. However, whatever may be posted must either be in the public domain or with the copyright owner's permission. The latter can be a major headache to obtain if the copyright owner is deceased. For example some of the early NAWCC Bulletin Supplements can't be posted as PDF's on our Publications venue on the main website or as hard copy reprints because we have been unable to obtain copyright permission from the authors or their heirs.

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
John,

I guess the principle of "it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission" doesn't apply? I have provided scans of the Vibrograph m90 manual to numerous folks who have requested it, over the years. Perhaps I should see if I can be granted permission from Vibrograph before I do it again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenIdella
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-