• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

embee grandfather clock...... info appreciated

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Hi, Kingo, welcome to the message board. Your clock movement was made by Frederick Mauthe, a large German clockmaker. I can only offer a guess as to it's age, likely from the early 1900's. There is no database on the serial numbers for this company. It has what is called, Bim/Bam strike that sounds the hours and half-hour. Like most clocks of this age, it is a quality movement, but it appears to be due for cleaning.

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Hello and welcome to the NAWCC message board.

I think Harold has about covered it. It looks like the suspension spring may be bent and could need replacing. That's in your photo of the back of the clock movement , top center.

Embee, MB and Peerless are all trademarks of another German maker Mathias Bauerle. Since the movement is by Mauthe, I would say that someone used the chain from an embee (Bauerle) clock or attached one of his tags to the chain.

Thanks for posting and sharing your clock.

Best,

Richard T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFerriter
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-