Eli Terry - 30Hr-wood mvt

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Richard H. Whitmore, Sep 11, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Appreciate advice and info on following

Cleaning: I've seen everything from scrubbing as you would a brass movement to just brushing it off. This movement is grimy and saturated with graphite around the pivots. I would like to remove the dirt unless that's not correct.

Bushing: This movement runs. Two wheels have had tooth repaire. Some of the holes are out of round and elongated and appear to need bushing. I don't want to bush with brass. I have some lignumn vitae from which I believe I can make some wonderful bushings. How big should the OD be? Should I lock them in with epoxy? How much looseness? How much bigger than the arbor pivots should I make the bushing ID?

------------------

2. Appreciate advice and info on following

Cleaning: I've seen everything from scrubbing as you would a brass movement to just brushing it off. This movement is grimy and saturated with graphite around the pivots. I would like to remove the dirt unless that's not correct.

Bushing: This movement runs. Two wheels have had tooth repaire. Some of the holes are out of round and elongated and appear to need bushing. I don't want to bush with brass. I have some lignumn vitae from which I believe I can make some wonderful bushings. How big should the OD be? Should I lock them in with epoxy? How much looseness? How much bigger than the arbor pivots should I make the bushing ID?

------------------