• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Elgin RR case model number

Jack Williams

Nov 10, 2010
where can one find pictures, diagrams etc., of railroad case models & #s such as housed a B W Raymond model 571 from the 50's - 60's? Shugarts guide does do show mine.:confused:

Kent

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Silver Member
Aug 26, 2000
Country
Hi Jack:

Welcome to the NAWCC American Pocket Watch Message Board!

If you post a picture of your case, we can try to identify it for you. Otherwise, Elgin B.W. Raymond grade No. 571 cases are pictured and identified in these two articles:

"The Elgin 571," Ed Ueberall and Kent Singer, NAWCC Bulletin No. 298 (October, 1995), pp. 599-605.

"The Elgin 16-Size 571, Revisited," Ed Ueberall and Kent Singer, NAWCC Bulletin No. 303 (August, 1996), pp. 484-92

Back issues of the NAWCC Bulletin are available online to NAWCC members who are currently logged in at http://nawcc.org/index.php/nawcc-bulletin/past-issues- and are also available to members on loan by mail from the NAWCC Lending Library, using the Lending Library Form.

Jack Williams

Nov 10, 2010
Thanks Kent - your 1995 article identified it for me - it is model 3059 (reeded bezel and back) and it is 10k gold filled (not RGP). I saw that # stamped in the info in the center of the case but was not sure it meant the model number. The article indicated more details may have been needed at that time, if so please advise. Thanks again, Jack