Elgin pivot polisher

Gary Leck

Dec 17, 2005
Calumet
Country
Region
I have been looking for the tool mentioned above and have had no luck. Does anyone know where I can find an Elgin pivot polisher or something just as good?

Gary Leck

Dec 17, 2005
Calumet
Country
Region
Thanks for the reply Leghorn, but I have looked in ebay, Uncle Larry's, Dash-to, and have had no luck. This is a sapphire double ended polishing stick. That's the best I can describe it.

Smudgy

May 20, 2003
Country
Region
Bergeon sells a sapphire burnisher.

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
Gary
Have you tried looking for a pivot file? The usual sort, generally available, incorporates a burnisher - is that the sort you mean?

Gary Leck

Dec 17, 2005
Calumet
Country
Region
Thanks for the responses. I don't know that much about pivot polishing tools yet. I used an Elgin sapphire tools last weekend and liked it. I have a friend teaching me a little when each of us has time. gotta earn a living too.

Ansomnia

Sep 11, 2005
Country
Region
Gary, the Elgin one comes onto eBay from time to time - usually from an oldwatchmaker's estate.

The Bergeon versions are likely the closest options for a new tool off-the-shelf. I believe they are available from Lancaster Horological Supplyhttp://www.horologicalsupply.com/ for $90 to $100 depending on the version.

This is the Bergeon PDF file describing the various versions - CLICK TO DOWNLOADhttps://shop.bergeon.ch/Catalogue/PDF/3113_1.pdf

Otherwise, search the Bergeon website for this product number 30401-2.

If you order from Lancaster make sure they confirm when they will ship your order - in case it's out of stock.

Michael

bchaps

Dec 16, 2001
Mountain Top, PA
www.clockguru.com
Country
Region
Gary...here are two Elgin pivot polishers won on ebay within the past two years. The red one has caps which will protect the tips. As you can see the aluminum version has a broken tip. One end seems more coarse than the other.

Keep looking...they surface periodically.

Bill

Click Here 19.gif

Gary Leck

Dec 17, 2005
Calumet
Country
Region
Thanks to everyone that replied to my question. I got an aluminum one from Dash-To. It was broke on one end like Bill is showing, but that is all I have found so far. It may have to do till I find a good one. Again, thanks to everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinSer
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller