Elgin Lever Set 1884 Stolen

Discussion in 'Lost or Stolen Horological Items' started by BobH53, Nov 29, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BobH53

BobH53 New Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Country Flag:
    I am still mourning the loss of my great great grandfather's Elgin lever set pocket watch. A large heavy watch in a sylized shell hunting case. Purchased in Chicago after returning from silver mining in the west in 1884. It is engraved M. Hunt and 1884 on the front. It was stolen by my cleaning lady's daughter who came to "help" one day. I suspect it was sold for drug money as the heroin epidemic is rampant here. I don't expect to see it again but one never knows.

2. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Super Moderator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Bob,
    I'm going to move your post to the Lost or Stolen section. I'll leave a redirect here for one month, so pocketwatch collectors will also see it.

3. MartinM

MartinM Registered User
    Donor

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Bob.
    Stolen collections can often be found thousands of miles away from where they were stolen. Individual watches are likely to remain in the general area where they were stolen. Where in the US would that be?

4. Kent

Kent Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Would you happen to know the movement and case serial numbers?

5. BobH53

BobH53 New Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Country Flag:
    The watch disappeared in northern Vermont in Orleans County.