• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Elgin "Father Time"

H

hanahou30

I have an Elgin that has "Father Time" enscribed on the movement. The serial number is 8831895. It has 21 jewels, full nickel plate movement, adjusted, with a double sunk porcelin dial, arabic numerals and blue spade hands. My question, is there a significance to the " Father Time" markings? I would post a picture but I do not know how to on this site

H

hanahou30

I have an Elgin that has "Father Time" enscribed on the movement. The serial number is 8831895. It has 21 jewels, full nickel plate movement, adjusted, with a double sunk porcelin dial, arabic numerals and blue spade hands. My question, is there a significance to the " Father Time" markings? I would post a picture but I do not know how to on this site

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region
I also have an 18S, 21J Father Time. Mine is a HC movement in a 14K gold case. SN6,728,130. Engraved on the case are initials and on the back is a large three digit number. Maybe an engine number? As this is in a solid gold case, I would highly doubt if it was carried for RR service. Maybe a retirement watch. The woman that I bought it from found it in her mother's house after her mom died. She had no history on it. I knew her mom before she died, and would have loved to have known about the watch and asked her some history on it. Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TanyaJune
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-