Elgin Drivers Rare dial, Need Help

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Lamarillas, May 22, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lamarillas

Lamarillas New Member

May 22, 2015
    Monterrey
    Country Flag:
    #1 Lamarillas, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  2. EdinKali

EdinKali Registered User

Apr 7, 2013
    Elk Grove, CA
    Dial does not appear to be original to that watch as you can see the bezel marks from when it was in a different case. I have seen that case design before but don't recall what the original dial looks like. Hopefully someone here has an orginal ad that can be looked at for reference.

3. John Arrowood

John Arrowood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Here's mine in rose gold fill with matching bracelet. This dial has "Lord Elgin" and a star on it, the hours are marked with Roman numerals for 12, 3 and 9 with lines for the other hours. lrdeld.jpg

4. Lamarillas

Lamarillas New Member

May 22, 2015
    Monterrey
    Country Flag:
    what year it is yours John? it look great!! did you got it restore it or did you work on it? the bracelet is original?

5. John Arrowood

John Arrowood Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    I haven't looked at the serial number in years and didn't write it in my records. Nothing has been done to it since I got it 10 years ago and as far as I know the bracelet is original--it was what came with the watch when I bought it. I think I have seen them with black dials also.