• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

"Electronic" Pocket Watches

pmurphy

Aug 26, 2020
Country
Is there such a thing? I know this sounds like a crazy question but I was wondering if there are pocket watches with the tuning fork technology like the Bulova Accutron. The reason I'm asking is because I started a collection of pocket watches but they are all mid-century modern and up rather than antique. I have one new quartz pocket watch I got as an anniversary gift and I'm not interested in acquiring more of those. I wouldn't mind owning at least one example if they are available. I'll have to do some more research on that when I get around to it.

Rodney Leon

NAWCC Member
Jun 29, 2020
Country
I have one new quartz pocket watch I got as an anniversary gift and I'm not interested in acquiring more of those.
Hi I know this is not about an Accutron, but if you are ever looking for a really nice quartz pocket watch some day for your collection, the
Seiko Railroad Pocket watch 7C11-0010 are still used in Japan on the Rail roads. They even have a spot on the train dash for the watch. I have 3 different ones and they keep perfect time all year. Rod

japan train.jpg seiko.jpg

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
Severral of todays low end watch companies package some of the their movement in pocket cases.

pmurphy

Aug 26, 2020
Country
My new pocket watch is a Charles Hubert Paris #3939 (Quartz Movement) I received as an anniversary gift back in May and it keeps amazing time. After three months so far it's spot on. I do have a small collection of a half-dozen pocket and pendent watches I was just curious about acquiring one example with a tuning fork movement (that doesn't cost in the four-figures) if there is such a thing to add to my modest collection. My collecting "theme" is the post WWII to the seventies or eighties so I'm not buying up everything in sight. I might get an antique pocket watch one of these days when I become more knowledgeable.

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
My new pocket watch is a Charles Hubert Paris #3939 (Quartz Movement) I received as an anniversary gift back in May and it keeps amazing time.
Keep collecting. Buy what you like!

Rob

Reactions: Rodney Leon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swthomps
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-