Gold Business Member
Sep 3, 2000
Florida
www.ballwatchusa.com
Country
Region
Is it time for elections already?

How time flies.

I would like to know the rules on lobbying or otherwise "verbally" supporting our choices for BoD.

Is campaigning allowed?

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
We have had a long standing rule about no politics on the message board, and I think it is still in place.

However, we also had a long standing rule about no political ads in the Mart and that one has been lifted for this election (with restrictions). All the candidates have been informed of the new rule.

Campaigning is alive and well in the Yahoo Groups NAWCC Members Forum. I have not seen anyone using it yet. It seems to be down to 1 or 2 posts a month these days.

For those who missed it, the old ref::list of candidates is posted in the News Forum. The official bios and election information is on the NAWCC web site.

Jeff Hess

Gold Business Member
Sep 3, 2000
Florida
www.ballwatchusa.com
Country
Region
Thanks Tom.

I urge everyone to sign onto yahoo (is this a fitting name or what?) (just kidding.. do not delete. Do not delete! do not delete!) (just a joke...) to discuss.

The NAWCC future is in trouble. I love the NAWCC and do not like the way some things are going down.

The only way to keep this ship upright is for the members to get invovled. Know the players. Know the facts. And VOTE!

J

John Nagle

This should probably be on the member's only list but One time I will comment here. If you go to the link that lists the candidates you
see that there are few who fit the bill for what this organization needs.
For some reason the people who are qualified and could right this ship choose not to run.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
The current system is designed to allow the Board to augment itself with skill players to go after whatever goals we have set. This pdf document is the strategic plan. When the election results are in the Board will attempt to fill in deficiencies from those who have volunteered for the appointed positions.

It is often the case that those with specific skills do not want to participate in the election process.

If we want to discuss this in depth, we should take it to the Members Forum.

Modersohn

Nov 15, 2003
I hope there is some candid discussion on the members forum on yahoo, since I don't have any idea what real assets or liabilities the candidates do or don't possess. So far, no discussion of the issues or candidates exists.

If anyone has information, it would be extremely helpful.

Modersohn

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
OK, I'll bite. Where is the members forum, and how do I get there:???:
Harold Bain

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
The Members Forum has had a stormy history over the years and the link above takes you to the dormant first incarnation.

The current Members Forum is located on Yahoo!Groups under finance groups with the name nawcc.

I don't see any problem with it being mentioned here. The NAWCC BOD removed links to it from the headers, etc. a few years ago to do away with any impression that it was an official voice of the organization. It is a completely independent effort to provide political counsel to the NAWCC. Sometimes it has gotten a little raw. :frown:;)

<After consultation with our Board Chairman, I have removed the live reference to the Members Forum. I trust that anyone who needs to find it can do so.>

Jeff C

NAWCC Business
May 26, 2005
Seven Fields, Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Originally posted by Jeff Hess:
Please log onto the above site.

And please vote.
Not sure where or who to contact but does it normally take a while to hear back when siging up for these groups? NAWCC News is ok but NAWCC has remained pending for some time now.

Below is the example.

My Groups
Manage
nawcc
Membership Is
Pending

* 20 New Messages
* 1 New Member

Last edited by a moderator:

Modersohn

Nov 15, 2003
So far, unfortunately, the site has yielded little information about the positions of the candidates.

I'm surprised that your membership wasn't accepted immediately, though, Jeff (C.). I don't recall any delay.

Anyone else have that experience?

Modersohn

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
The group is restricted to NAWCC Members and the moderator of the group has a list of members that gets updated monthly. There may only be one person doing the clearing at this time, so it might take a while over the holidays.

I don't have any inside information on the group management.

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment