Eldon? Wrist Watch

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by mizeddie, Jan 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mizeddie

mizeddie New Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Country Flag:
    Hi to everybody. I am new here, and have question(s). I found this watch in a box of jewelry I bought at auction last month. At the time, it was all in one piece, but would not wind up. In trying to get it open, I broke the stem off--OOPS. I finally got the crystal off, which led to getting the back off. I know I am not going to be able repair it, even if it's worth the cost. Right now I'm just looking for information on it. I also have an Omega watch which doesn't run, even with a new battery in it. But that's another post on another day! Here are pictures of it.

View attachment 564983

2. mizeddie

mizeddie New Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Country Flag:
    More, better pictures.

Elbon Watch 1B.jpg Elbon Watch 1A.jpg Elbon Watch 2A.jpg Elbon Watch 3A.jpg

3. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

Although your photo does not enlarge very well, I think the name on your watch may be ELBON. This trade name was used by several Swiss makers, as well as Winton Watch Co., in USA.

Hope this helps.

JTD

Hawk53 likes this.
  4. mizeddie

mizeddie New Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info, and, yes, I have found that it does ELBON, but I can't find anything about it either. I will look for info on Winton Watch. Can you tell me if it might be worth fixing? I do have a couple other ideas for it if not. (Pinterest is a such an addictive site!)