• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

$ Egon Steimer Cuckoo Clock

Globalmike

Nov 30, 2019
Country
A recent acquisition was this grand Lodge scene clock that stands 19"tall. It has the TITISEE stamp inside the back door and all I could make out was the "Egon Steimer" name the rest was in German I believe.

I found only 2 others pictures of very similar clocks. What I find unique was the roman numerals for the dial were hand painted and using a magnifying glass you can make out the pencil marks that seem to be used to outline the numbers before painting them on.

I would like to know more information on age, value, how to correctly restore?

I also need the weights and chains, bellows and the shaft for the Pendulum.

If you need more pictures or have questions am eager to hear, I think its a very different looking cuckoo clock and can't wait to hear it working.

Thank you
Mike T
Hawaii

01577C05-2CBC-4B95-9A94-A57850650A46.jpeg 8492E53E-1AAC-42E0-9967-A463DFBC13FC_1_201_a.jpeg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I suppose your clock is from mid-20th century, maybe 1960s. I don't think the painted numerals are original - they are not very skilfully done - perhaps some of the original numerals came off and got lost and this was an attempt at a unified appearance.

If you google Egon Steimer Titisee you can find a lot of information on this maker and his family are still in the clock business today.

JTD

Reactions: Globalmike

Globalmike

Nov 30, 2019
Country
Thank you for the input, I did find them online and contacted the shop.

Wendy Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2021
Country
A recent acquisition was this grand Lodge scene clock that stands 19"tall. It has the TITISEE stamp inside the back door and all I could make out was the "Egon Steimer" name the rest was in German I believe.

I found only 2 others pictures of very similar clocks. What I find unique was the roman numerals for the dial were hand painted and using a magnifying glass you can make out the pencil marks that seem to be used to outline the numbers before painting them on.

I would like to know more information on age, value, how to correctly restore?

I also need the weights and chains, bellows and the shaft for the Pendulum.

If you need more pictures or have questions am eager to hear, I think its a very different looking cuckoo clock and can't wait to hear it working.

Thank you
Mike T
Hawaii

View attachment 592049 View attachment 592050
I've aquired what I think is also and Egon Steimer, emailed the company, but no response, Did you every get a response from them?

cuckoo.jpg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I've aquired what I think is also and Egon Steimer, emailed the company, but no response, Did you every get a response from them?

View attachment 676922
I suppose it depends on what you asked them, perhaps they could not answer your question (though it would have been nice to have replied).

Did you have some particular question you wanted answered?

JTD

Globalmike

Nov 30, 2019
Country
I suppose it depends on what you asked them, perhaps they could not answer your question (though it would have been nice to have replied).

JTD
Thanks for writing and no I didn’t get a response from the company. I did however get the clock restored myself and it works great.

I’m planning on making a special stand for it that looks like the Black Forest trees that are carved on the click. To do this it will have to be somewhat large as I will make it so the clock sits inside the tree. It’s a cool click so want it to be presented well at out Lodge style home. The picture you sent is that of your click?
What year was that one made? Looks great!

thanks

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Thanks for writing and no I didn’t get a response from the company. I did however get the clock restored myself and it works great.

I’m planning on making a special stand for it that looks like the Black Forest trees that are carved on the click. To do this it will have to be somewhat large as I will make it so the clock sits inside the tree. It’s a cool click so want it to be presented well at out Lodge style home. The picture you sent is that of your click?

thanks
Globalmike,
I'm guessing your reply was intended for Wendy Gonzalez, not me. But I expect she'll see it anyway.

JTD

Wendy Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2021
Country

JTD
I just wanted to see if they could confirm that is is indeed a Egon Steimer. Thanks for your reply!

Wendy Gonzalez

Oct 16, 2021
Country

thanks
Yes it is mine, not sure the year, was trying to get help from the threads to see if anyone could help with any information. So far everyone has been very helpful. Appreciate all the responses.

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
I just wanted to see if they could confirm that is is indeed a Egon Steimer. Thanks for your reply!
Most Steimer clocks have a label or stamp inside the back (sometimes on the back). Has yours got anything like that?

JTD

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Can you post photos of the movement? You need to take off or open the back door.

JTD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyghost
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-